Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In London!

I remember my first blog entry, when I was sitting right here in London airport. I remember feeling like there was SOO much to do. It's weird sitting here again with the whole thing being completely over.

Leaving yesterday was really hard. I'm going to miss the kids, the country, the workers at the feeding center, the fellow volunteers and my whole adventure. But I'm excited to get back to cell phones, my own computer and hot showers! It's a weird mix of emotions, but I'm not surprised that I'm torn.

I thought I would share a few lists that Lisa (the other volunteer) suggested I write for myself. It's nice to put some perspective on everything.

Things I'll miss:
THE KIDS
Mini bus rides: such independence and good people watching!
The weather
The volunteers- especially insightful conversations with Lisa
Amarich- our cook/den mother
Feeling helpful
Figuring something out without using any verbal communication
Seeing the monkey eat our compost!
Feeding center conversations
Not being cell phone/internet whipped

There are a few more lists that I want to share, but my time on the internet is about to run out! It's so expensive here...

I will continue with the lists in the United States! Crazy. Also, I am wearing jeans for the first time in 3 months. The other volunteers/workers said I looked very different and couldn't believe I even had them. It's weird to think they've only seen me in skirts, especially since my mom's first reaction when she saw me was "weird! you're wearing a skirt!" Definitely different worlds..

No comments:

Post a Comment