Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back to America

So I am back at home! Good ol' Indiana. I was thinking that last post would be my final post, but me and the other volunteers talked a lot about how it would feel to come home, so I thought I'd write a bit about my first day in America. Throughout the day I noticed things that I was able to do, or things that I haven't done in a long time. So here is my list of things I was aware of on my first day:
1. I had real choices for my clothes! I got excited to pick out what I wanted to wear (of course I ended up in sweatpants... but still nice to have a choice)
2. I thought about what I wanted to eat/was able to cook for myself
3. I drank milk for the first time in 3 months
4. I sat on comfortable chairs/couches
5. I washed my feet and they STAYED CLEAN
6. I drove!
7. I had about 5 pieces of fruit throughout the day. It's definitely a food group I really missed while being away (we had a banana once every few weeks for breakfast, but other than that there was no real fruit). 

There it is. 7 things I have noticed in the last 24 hours that I don't think I ever really thought about before

No comments:

Post a Comment